Amebo Quarters
News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Gossip, Art , Design, Real Estate and Architecture
Friday, September 28, 2018
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Elton John responds to sexual harassment lawsuit brought by former security guard
Legendary musician Sir Elton John has responded to a sexual harassment lawsuit leveled against him by a former security guard that worked for him. Jeffrey Wenninger, who worked for Sir Elton from 2002 to 2014 as a guard, is suing him for alleged sexual harassment, battery and sexual battery.
A statement issued by Orin Snyder, the US attorney for Sir Elton's Rocket Entertainment Group, said:
A statement issued by Orin Snyder, the US attorney for Sir Elton's Rocket Entertainment Group, said:
“This baseless lawsuit is brought by a disgruntled former security officer seeking to extract an undeserved payment. These claims are patently untrue and contradicted by numerous previous statements made by this plaintiff. We will not give into his latest abuse of the legal system.”Sir Elton has been married to David Furnish since 2014. He is a prominent campaigner for LGBT rights and same-sex marriage
Photos of this 5 month old child that died from hunger due to war has shocked the world
Malnutrition could be this bad! So it was in the life of 5 month old Udai Faisal who died from extreme hunger and malnutrition as a result of the war in Yemen. With his cheeks sunk into his skull, limbs like twigs and his eyes dry, the picture shows the shocking negative effects malnutrition has had on the young children growing up in war-torn Yemen.
Troops Capture Boko Haram’s Spiritual Base in Alagarno
Massimiliano Giornetti Steps Down as Salvatore Ferragamo’s Creative Director
MILAN, ITALY – SEPTEMBER 27: Designer Massimiliano Giornetti aknowledge the applause of the public after the Salvatore Ferragamo show as a part of Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 on September 27, 2015 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Venturelli/WireImage)
Massimiliano Giornetti is stepping down as creative director of luxury Italian label, Salvatore Ferragamo, after 16 years with Ferragamo and 6 years as the brand’s creative director.
MILAN, ITALY – SEPTEMBER 27: Designer Massimiliano Giornetti aknowledge the applause of the public after the Salvatore Ferragamo show as a part of Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 on September 27, 2015 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Venturelli/WireImage)
Massimiliano Giornetti is stepping down as creative director of luxury Italian label, Salvatore Ferragamo, after 16 years with Ferragamo and 6 years as the brand’s creative director.
Big Sean & Jhene Aiko Get Cozy on the Cover of Flaunt Magazine
After announcing their new project together, Big Sean and Jhene Aiko have landed the cover of Flaunt Magazine and in the magazine they talk about their upcoming joint EP – Twenty88 – and what their fans can expect when it drops.
How the Kardashians are making serious money from Instagram & Twitter
Kim Kardashian and her sisters Kylie, Kendall, Kourtney and Khloe are changing the face of modern day advertising with the way they rake in huge sums from social media advertising according to new reports by Page Six.
Previously, companies do adverts on Television, radio and magazines but have now turned to social media and the Kardashian clan are making more money from this than any other celebrity.
Previously, companies do adverts on Television, radio and magazines but have now turned to social media and the Kardashian clan are making more money from this than any other celebrity.
Photos: Why didn't the referee stop the fight? Boxer in coma after suffering brain injuries during boxing match
British boxer Nick Blackwell (right) is in an induced coma after suffering a bleed on the brain following a domestic title fight defeat to Chris Eubank Jr on Saturday night. The referee didn't stop the match and allowed it to go on until the tenth round, when a doctor indicated Nick Blackwell couldn't continue the fight due to severe brain injuries from punches by Chris Eubank Jr.
For the referee to allow this fight to go on until the tenth round despite seeing the severe injuries inflicted on Blackwell from the first round up till the tenth round is so inhumane. Blackwell is now in a state of coma.
More photos
For the referee to allow this fight to go on until the tenth round despite seeing the severe injuries inflicted on Blackwell from the first round up till the tenth round is so inhumane. Blackwell is now in a state of coma.
More photos
JLo mortified as James Corden sends flirty message to Leonardo DiCaprio from her phone...and he replied!
The singer/actress was taking part in British talk show host, James Corden's latest Carpool Karaoke segment when he took her phone and sent a flirty message to Leonardo DiCaprio without her permission.
He wrote:“Hey baby, I’m kind of feeling like I need to cut loose. Any suggestions? Let me know, J.Lo (you know from The Block)'.
He wrote:“Hey baby, I’m kind of feeling like I need to cut loose. Any suggestions? Let me know, J.Lo (you know from The Block)'.
Grills2Grills: Nigeria's Ultimate Automobile & Bike show is here!
Grills2Grills, Nigeria’s ultimate automobile and bike show, opens to the public over the weekend of April 2nd and 3rd, 2016, as a one-of-its-kind Nigerian exhibition of unique classic cars, super cars, muscle cars and motorbikes from private collectors and owners in Nigeria.
The event will hold at the Main Bowl of Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos. Nigeria is a country that has cars and bikes ingrained in the fabric of its culture & it remains a relevant market for the automobile and bike industry.
The event will hold at the Main Bowl of Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos. Nigeria is a country that has cars and bikes ingrained in the fabric of its culture & it remains a relevant market for the automobile and bike industry.
IPOB alleges plot by DSS and FG to kill Nnamdi Kanu on his next court hearing
The Indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB) has alleged there is a plot in place by the Department of State Security and Federal government to kill their leader Nnamdi Kanu while en-route to his next court meeting, where he is being tried by the Federal Government for treasonable offences.
IPOB in a statement signed by its Media and Publicity Officer, Mr Emma Powerful said;
IPOB in a statement signed by its Media and Publicity Officer, Mr Emma Powerful said;
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
EgyptAir hostage situation ends in arrest of hijacker, Egypt Foreign Ministry says "He is not a terrorist, but an idiot"
The hostage situation at Cyprus' Larnaca airport has finally ended in arrest of the hijacker, the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said. The foreign ministry identified the hijacker as Seif Eldin Mustafa in a tweet. It did not provide further details. The foreign ministry reportedly said the hijacker "is not a terrorist, but an idiot".
A man who claimed to have an explosive vest had been holding seven people hostage aboard an EgyptAir plane after forcing it to divert to the Mediterranean island during a domestic flight from Alexandria to Cairo.
A man who claimed to have an explosive vest had been holding seven people hostage aboard an EgyptAir plane after forcing it to divert to the Mediterranean island during a domestic flight from Alexandria to Cairo.
Photos: Man acting as 'Jesus' falls off cross almost 4metres high


The actor has been dubbed El Cristo Batman (Batman Christ), Volador de Papantla (The Flyer of Papantla) and El Cristo Volador (Flying Christ) among others by users on Facebook. Watch the video after the cut.
Buhari leaves for US March 30th
President Buhari will depart Abuja for Washington DC, USA Wednesday, March 30th to attend the 4th Nuclear Security Summit which opens on Thursday March 31st.
A statement by presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, says that at the plenary sessions of the summit which is dedicated to reinforcing international commitment to the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, President Buhari will insist that while Nigeria will continue to sustain that commitment, world powers must respect the right of other countries to the peaceful use of nuclear energy for development purposes.
A statement by presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, says that at the plenary sessions of the summit which is dedicated to reinforcing international commitment to the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, President Buhari will insist that while Nigeria will continue to sustain that commitment, world powers must respect the right of other countries to the peaceful use of nuclear energy for development purposes.
Video Premiere - Runtown FT Wizkid - Lagos to Kampala
After the World Wide Success of Bend down Pause. Ericmany Entertainment Presents the Official Music Video for the second collaboration of its Lead Artist Runtown Featuring Wizkid. The song is titled “Lagos to Kampala” and was produced by Hit Maker and Super producer Maleekberry.
This is by Popular demand one of the biggest Collaborations of 2015 that was released with Runtowns Ghetto University Album.
Video was Shot in Los Angeles and Directed by SESAN.
Runtown’s Ghetto University available on iTunes: http://apple.co/1OkGjNK
Subscribe http://bit.ly/1VplCBv for more Runtown videos.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)